Thursday 10 October 2019

TRANSPARENCY (poem)

TRANSPARENCY

When I look in the mirror
To see myself there in
I found somebody heckling me
How can it be? I queried
My conscious replied
This is what you seem to me
It's what you look to the world
I can show what you appear to be
Said the mirror immediately
Concurring with the conscious
You are covered by egotism and pietism*
(* Stress on the emotional and personal aspects of religion.)
Several disguises round you
I can't penetrate them to show you
Tear the veils, come out with true colors
I'll expose you what you are as it is
This will make you to be the
Even when you are laid to rest
A window lets light shine through
And allows us to see what might
Otherwise be hidden this is what
Transparency is all about
Letting that real self to be seen







No comments:

Post a Comment