Saturday 24 June 2017

A MULE (A small story by Cheruku Rama Mohan Rao)

A  MULE (A small story)
https://ramamohanraocheruku.blogspot.com/2017/06/a-small-story-by-cheruku-rama-mohan-rao.html

                          I saw a mule in the forest. He was standing alone recognised by no one. I got attracted and took him home and started rearing. As he grew up my 'I' started persuading to make use of him. Over a period of time I too succumbed to a feeling to make use than to keep him idle and feed. Now I inured him to bear me and my belongings and take to my destination. Days past and I started treating him only as a domestic animal with no special care. Now he too became totally dependent on me for his food and shelter. He lost all his freedom. I started seeing a slave in him and inclined to treat accordingly with all the apathy of showing any love.   Now, it is here you have to notice me carefully. For anything and everything where I can use him I didn’t spare. If you observe me carefully am I not dependent on him. Am I not a slave of him? I reached a point where I cannot imagine my travel without him. The only difference is I can think and express to my fellow beings but animals cannot think much and can't share their feelings as there breed will be scanty compared to us. With that I established an edge over him. When can I overcome my slavery? Only when I make him independent. That is when I start obliterating my 'Self' or 'Ego'. The more I spread my thinking on this 'Ego' the more I can become friendly with nature that contains you, me, the mule and all the like. The more I develop it the more I am mustering love. Hence love is inversely proportional to Ego. Now you decide whether you want 'Ego' or 'Love'.
He who loveth best can prayeth best
He who prayeth best can liveth best
Swasti.
Cheruku Rama Mohan Rao            

No comments:

Post a Comment